Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BLOG DAY # 93 in a day of my life. Sherry"s RUN FOR HOPE!

     


  Memorial Day, at the Brambleton Town Center, Sherry ran the 5 k RUN FOR HOPE race. There were 1300 participants. I am very proud to say that she finished second in her age group while running with a former Portville resident Trisha Sherburn, who was running her first race.

  Sherry elected not to leave Trisha and stay with her to encourage her to finish, which she did. HURRAH for Trisha. Sherry did leave her about 100 yards from the finish line and sprinted to the finish. She will kill me, but I have to tell you that at 63 yrs old come July 5th. she is my hero!

SHE IS AN INSPIRATION TO ALL IN OUR FAMILY! AND SHE DOES IT ALL WITH HEALTH AND NUTRITION EVER SO GUIDING US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!




Sherry and Trisha right after the race. Trisha graduated with  Sherry's daughter Debby.
I guess sooner or later, I will have to dig out my running shoes and join her.

I hate to run-but she is such an inspiration that I just might do it.




We live in a vibrate community- as you can see from above the walking portion of the run for hope.

In closing-I am very fortunate- I have found my soul mate for life- and as she heads into retirement-I am sure that she will take the bull by the horns and the next chapter will be more exciting than the closed book that will soon be placed away on the shelf.

Our walk in life will continue- and will turn into a run in life if she has her way. One month to go and she will start the next chapter- again leading us down the road to good health- but this time instead of walking- SHE WILL BE RUNNING-ALL THE WAY TO HEALTH & NUTRITION!

 Have a good day!





1 comment:

We welcome your comments