Friday, May 11, 2012

BLOG DAY # 79. BLAST FROM THE PAST PART 5. Memories-looking back in time!

     I know at least in my childhood- the fond memories of coming outside-hearing the birds chirping- the leaves of the tree rustling in the wind. Hopping on my bike &peddling off to the park- or downtown-or a friends house. All these little things that I have been putting in here, are memories I had growing up. I hope they bring back something for you!

   Now this is an old one. At our house- it would of been black and white. The old test pattern! A large circle within a circle with in a circle. Square box- with small circles in each corner. And in the middle at the top- an Indian chief with full head dress! Almost completely forgot about this one- but it did exist. Now only a picture in your mind!

   This along with another movie called BIG RED! Both were tear jerkers. They had a way of doing that , when young and you lost your own dog. I dedicate this one to the first dog that we had that I could remember named PENNY- and to the only other one that we had growing up named SPARKY.
  OLD CHEF BOY-AR-DEE. Lunch in a can! Had many of these growing up in the summer time. My mother & father both worked and my grandmother or my sister watched us. It was easy- run in-open can- heat up- eat & go. Fast food at my house at that time!

   Now these I never saw- at least in person- but saw them in the movies. Fire escape tubes. A long tube coming down- window to ground, what a neat slide that must of been!


   Timmy and Lassie. NEED I SAY MORE! This was perhaps my favorite drama series - always an adventure. I remember playing on our front porch- and discussing that Grandpa (on the show) had just died. It was real life and we were all upset. I must of been around five or so at the time- funny how a picture brings forth a memory tucked away and forgotten all those years ago!


   DING DONG AVON CALLING!

Yes it was there all those years ago. Still around today-so it must be good!


Okay- last one for today. I will be going away into never never land for next three days. Going home to NW Pa. We have to go to the cemetery to get cell phone service. Wonder if that says anything about a direct line to GOD! LOL!!!!   Anyway- no wire less service were we are staying, so can not post. But I will leave with one more and a promise of PART 6 coming. Keep those memories-for sometimes that is all we have.

   Brylecream (a lil dab will do ya!)  yes, I do believe it was the only one I knew of in its day- still around and still going strong!


You all have a great weekend- catch you on the return side!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments