Thursday, May 10, 2012

BLOG DAY # 78 in a day of my life. BLAST FROM THE PAST. PART 4.

     I hope the pictures are showing up. I have had two people say the words are there but no pictures. I have gone back in on the links they were on and they show up. So I do not know how to explain this as when it comes to TECH, A Caveman could do it but not me! LOL

     Anyway, these do bring back many memories, and I will try best as I can to describe them.

   This sign of 5 cent Coca Cola - remember they were in glass bottles! Before the age of cans, Coke, Pepsi , they all came in bottles. Its a wonder more were not broken! But yes it is true - for those of you who were not there- 5 cent POPS!


  OKAY-I DIDN'T HAVE ONE! BUT I SAW THEM IN STORES!

CHATTY CATHY dolls- they were everywhere-little dresses-pocketbooks-and they talked! Before Cabbage Patch- there was CHATTY CATHY!

  HOW MANY OF YOU REMEMBER THE LITTLE PACKAGES OF FLASH BULBS FOR YOU PARENTS CAMERA'S? Well, they came in cardboard packages in a straight line nestled snugly in each spot. I was not allowed to play or have them- but my sister always had a camera and these flash bulbs! A fond memory indeed!

   Okay young ones- before there was reality TV- in my time- there was

SKY KING!  He had his own little airplane- it was sort of the LONE RANGER of the airwaves. I was glued to the TV ( black & white) whenever he was on. I seem to remember it on Saturday mornings but I could be wrong!
  SPEEDY ALKA-SELTZER! Little boy with a hat selling FIZZ FIZZ! PLOP-or was it the other way around! LOL PLOP PLOP FIZZ FIZZ OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS!
   And then- they even got Santa Clause involved- CAMEL CIGARETTES for CHRISTMAS! Maybe that is why I smoked for a short time? Don't know, but glad they are off TV and not presented that way now. Wonder if they are in other parts of the world?

  Now I have had many types of beer, but I honestly can not ever remember drinking FALSTAFF BEER! Although I do recognise it- will have to search this one-and raise a toast to the 50 & 60's! LOL
  BURMA SHAVE SIGNS! The wolf is shaved so neat and trim, red riding hood is chasing him! BURMA SHAVE! Do they still make this? I WONDER!

   LAST ONE FOR TODAY. Do you remember what camera you or your parents had? How bout a little BROWNIE CAMERA! Made by Kodak. Seems they were everywhere. Sadly- Kodak is in trouble- I seem to have read or heard that they may cease to exist. That was a big employer for upstate New York in Rochester.

Well that is PART 4 , I will be back tomorrow for PART 5, I hope these bring back those long lost thoughts and memories.

If you can not see the pictures-please let me know- HAVE A GOOD DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments