Monday, May 7, 2012

BLOG DAY # 76 in a day of my life. Journey to the past-part one. If you remember-post your thoughts!

     Today we will journey back in time- the 40's-the 50's and the 60's. If any of these following pictures bring back memories of your childhood or of you growing up-post a comment-let us know your thoughts. Mine are many- and I will leave them here. ENJOY BLAST FROM THE PAST!

   Okay kids- before ice makers there were ICE TRAYS!

Yes, they were stacked neatly in the small(yes I said small freezer) You filled them with water and when they are frozen, pull them out, place on counter, put one hand on the right side of the tray shown , and pull back the lever. Ice went everywhere when I did it, some broken , some whole, but all well worth the effort on a hot afternoon for some cold lemonade!  OR TANG!

   AAAHHHH YES! Before there were TRANSFORMERS, there was Beany and Cecil, and Mr. Green jeans, and Kaptain Kangaroo and Rompus Room, and Commander Tom! TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

   Do you know what this is? If you wanted to ROLLER SKATE you had better have one, to adjust your skates! I can remember going up and down the North Main Street side walk, down to Spike Slavins store, seeing Jack and racing back up the street to Mable Prouties(sp) past Johnny Williams house and back down again, side walk was a challenge, being uneven and broken up. Past the apple tree by our driveway and underneath all those grand old trees that lined that side of the street. Yes kids-we roller skated when young!

  HOW MANY REMEMBER THE OLD POP CORK GUN! Almost everyone in my neighbor hood had one. We would play Army or Cowboys & Indians!
Racing up to the sawdust pile behind Prouties and hiding. Back down the railroad tracks, wasn't suppose to be there, and behind Slavins furniture store. Lost many corks-someone will be digging here 1000 yrs from now and they will be worth a fortune! LOL

    I can't begin to tell you the many times I sat on the floor in front of our TRUE TONE TV set, and watched Marlin Perkins and Wild Kingdom. Sure beat the old rabbits & squirrels we were use to. Away to exotic places and all those wild and wonderful creatures that I would not see until later in life traveling to the Buffalo zoo as an adult. He brought it to life in that living room- all the more so for my imagination going outside and HUNTING with my pop cork gun. The memories of childhood- I hope I brought forth some of yours. please comment- leave a memory for me to enjoy! I will continue with part two tomorrow!


STAY TUNE FOR PART TWO OF a "BLAST TO THE PAST!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments