Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BLOG DAY # 77. Blast from the past Part 2. When we were young-so simple but so US!

     Well, here we are back again. I hope yesterday brought back many fond memories of growing up.
Today I will continue-so if these jolt those long lost memories-please comment-I would love to hear about them and it just may release so long ago memories for me.

5B377B6C399D4E61B3BA590D9C48F42B@CarolPC   Who can forget those drive in movies?

Never went with my parents-but as a young adult-went to many of them in our area. I can remember 4 of them within a hours drive from where I lived in Eldred Pa. The earliest one I remember is I think ,
"Who killed Liberty Valance" with Lee Marvin, at least I believe that was the name. A part of growing up in North Western Pa.

1E1DB6F99EF848F88E57399449BCDFBD@CarolPC   That's right folks-FAST FOOD ARRIVED!

We didn't have McDonald's back then-although it did exist. The first one I recall is Carrol's on East State street in Olean, right in front of Alcas factory. We would go there for 15 cent hamburgers!
Fast food had arrived in Olean NY. !

 A0826A4B56434DDFB2BAE18CFD1C6D07@CarolPCYes we had one of these!

Between Portville and Olean in Weston Mills. I know they had real good Root Bear. But I do not recall the name. It was there before I can remember! It may still be there, will have to look when I go back home this weekend!

2090A335971941068B43CF92688526DA@CarolPC  STUDEBAKER!  Never had one- but saw many around!

My first car was a 1957 Chevy- 327 with 4 barrel-Hollywood mufflers! It would be worth a lot of money today!

5350E33F234045B4B0C6743CDA29226D@CarolPC   OKAY - BEFORE THERE WAS MICKEY IN MY LIFE- THERE WAS-

TOPO GIGIO! From the ED SULLIVAN SHOW!  I do not know the story-but I fondly remember this little mouse!  it was a weekly staple on his show. We would watch this every week!

FDF8F46688804CA7897B7EF7EE1C720A@CarolPC   We had one in the basement-spent many a time with my grandmother down there. Even got my arm caught in the wringer! don't ask me how- but I do remember it. My father came down and had to tear the wringer apart!  This was before the modern WASHER & DRYER'S!

5129EC82CAB447B5AD77F0B0897EBABF@CarolPC  LAST ONE FOR TODAY- HOW CAN YOU EVER FORGET HIM?

In my mind- one of the greatest - RED SKELETON! Here as the Fuller Brush Man. It was a must watch- I believe every Saturday night. He would make you laugh without saying a word! Never a foul word-he didn't have too. When he passed- a legend died. RIP RED!


I HOPE THIS BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES FOR YOU! HAPPY ONES, SAD ONES, JUST ONES WE FONDLY REMEMBER. I WIII DO PART 3 OF BLASTS FROM THE PAST TOMORROW!

KEEP THEM COMMENTS COMING- MAKE MY DAY!  HGD 

1 comment:

  1. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER BACKING IN THE EXIT TO THE DRIVE IN TO AVOID PAYING? OR PEOPLE IN THE TRUNK WHEN WE DID PAY?

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments