Monday, June 4, 2012

BLOG DAY # 98 in a day of my life. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO DO THAT!

     Well, well, well. Here all these years, I thought no one that I know has ever done that. What you may ask is that?

I just found a comment that my brother, Roger left. In response to one of my blogs from BLAST TO THE PAST. And his question was----

HAS ANYONE EVER BACKED INTO THE OUT EXIT TO THE DRIVE IN TO AVOID PAYING, OR JUST HID IN THE TRUNK TO DO THE SAME!



Here is the time era he was referring to.Now I have done one of the above, way back in my youthful days. But I must admit that backing into the exit side to look like you had paid and changed your mind about leaving, IS QUITE ORIGINAL!

So to my BRO Roger, thanks for a Little insight on the 50's and some of the things you did in BLAST FROM THE PAST! It was funny, and brought back memories of hiding in the trunk, to avoid payment!

Speaking of the 50's, how about some attire.   Nerd 50's Adult Costume

Women's  50S Bobby Soxer Costume                                                                              Good Buddy 50's Jacket Adult Costume -One-SizeBuddy Holly look!

Adult Polka Dot 50's Housewife CostumeWally Cleavers MOM!    Adult Happy Days Fonzie 50's Greaser CostumeTHE FONZ!

As I was growing up-my brother being 10 years older-I can remember some of the clothes from above.



This is where we were raised-sometime around 44 or 45. So this would be before me but Roger would be 5 or 6. A quiet little town. Before the 50's would usher in the start of ROCK & ROLL.

Interesting-the open space to the left- the future site of the elementary school-where in the mid 60's, a high school friend of mine- would start playing the next version of Rock in a band. Mike Greer is his name, and fond memories of that music waifing down the halls of the school still remain in my mind.


BELOW IS HOW THEY DRESSED IN THE 50'S- THIS IS WHAT I REMEMBERED OF THE STYLE.



I knew many of these people- as I was growing up, being the younger brother. Roger graduated in 1957 and went on to college.

MY BROTHER ROGER-IN THE 50'S WHO BACKED INTO THE EXIT TO THE DRIVE IN, AND WHEN THAT DIDN'T WORK-CLIMBED INTO THE TRUNK OF THE CAR!



AND IN THE PICTURE BELOW IS HIS FRIEND PAUL WITH ROGER COMING ACROSS THE STREET-DRESSED IN THE 50'S AND THE CARS THEY DROVE! SO A BIG THANK YOU FOR THE MESSAGE BRO-YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY ONE TO START OFF DOWN MEMORY LANE AND A "BLAST TO THE PAST!"

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY AND KEEP THOSE COMMENTS COMING-SOONER OR LATER ON THIS SITE-I WILL FIND THEM!  LOL LOL LOL THE TECHIE THAT I AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments