Thursday, March 22, 2012

BLOG DAY # 48 in a day of my life. TOWER GARDEN OF LIFE! After one week-in three more weeks we will start to harvest.

    AFTER JUST 9 DAYS IN THE TOWER GARDEN-TEMPS IN THE DAYTIME 70 to 77
AT NIGHT 45 to 55- WE HAVE CUKES-TOMATO'S-LETTUCE-KALE-STRAWBERRIES!

 getting bigger

  SEE HOW HEALTHY THEY LOOK

     GREEN & VIBRANT

     I come home each afternoon and just walk over and check them out. In the morning before I head off to work, I turn the top 1/4 turn (the top is free standing and easy to turn) this insures that each side gets the sun! Once a week, I check the PH with the kit that comes with it. Just dip it in the water-add 5 drops, shake it up and match the color to the chart. If it is okay-leave it and forget it-if it isn't , then either add PH up or PH down. Then retest next day. Look inside lid to check water level-add if you need to(last summer I added water once!) That is it! Oh, the hard part. Do I sit down with a beer or glass of wine to watch it grow? To make this easy-I alternate each day! LOL
    I LOVE THE GREENS

    Each plant is a different shade of green-when strawberries and tomato's come in-it will knock your socks off. People walk by and comment and ask what it is! They are all watching the outcome.
    STRAWBERRIES

What is neat about this-you don't get all those crawling vines-at least the pictures I have seen-they just hang there in clusters-it is all about not using dirt & soil-bugs are not attracted to them and 
 it is completely self contained!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments