Friday, March 2, 2012

BLOG DAY # 27 in a day of my life. 97 yrs old- still a little fiesty- HOW MANY WAYS CAN YOU SAY MOTHER!

     MOTHER:     One who nourished you as you grew up. Sacrificed so you would be in the "IN CROWD, and not embarrassed in the clothes you wore.

A person who you ran to when you HURT, no matter what it was, she was the one who took care of you. She worked, left the house at 6am-came home at 4pm-fixed dinner, washed clothes, cleaned the house and put you to bed.

How we so often take this for granted.



     In this picture from 2011- she was 96 yrs old-soon to be 97 yrs old. Oldest cancer survivor in PENNA. Who knows-maybe the world! Mothers are ALWAYS there. How many ways can you say Mother. I think back and remember the good times- I also remember the bad times(me being bad) not her. Now I am so far away-she is in a home where they can watch over her- keep her from falling-nurse her when she is ill-feed her and make sure she has her meds. My sister and brother-in-law are no longer here to help and watch over her.

     Its not suppose to be that way- you outlive your children. HOW MANY WAYS CAN YOU SAY MOTHER? I feel guilt because I am here and she is back home- 7 hours away. I no longer call because she can't hear me- but I continue to write a letter to her twice a week. They call her the letter women at the care center and they read them to her every time she gets one. She is slowly going from reality ,slowly slipping away only to come back and surprise you with recalled events from 90 plus years ago!

     HOW MANY WAYS CAN YOU SAY MOTHER?


     THE ONLY WAY THAT I CAN IS TO SAY "I LOVE YOU."

You will never see this- but I want you to know that you are in my heart-day by day-hour by hour-minute by minute-second by second. I will cherish you-love you and always remember you- never to forget-always tucked away inside to recall in an instant your undying love.

                                 HOW MANY WAYS CAN WE SAY MOTHER?
      WE BOTH LOVE YOU-THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SAY MOTHER!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments