Friday, July 27, 2012

Blog Day # 140 in a day of my life. Remember When? Remember Where? Remember Who? TGIF!!!!!

     Well, it is Friday! So let us take a small walk down memory lane and put just a little smile on your face. When you read and look at this blog, just think back during the course of the day, and perhaps you will have a nostalgic moment. What-where-who-when and WHY , do these memories come back to you in our stroll through time.

   TO THE MOON ALICE!

                      THE HONEYMOONERS!  THINK NOW-HOW FUNNY WHERE THEY! LOL

     I can remember watching this and bending over, laughing! Bring these shows back!



     I am a SI FY geek! I LOVED THIS SHOW! I still watch reruns. I can here the music in my head!

A lot of ACTORS and ACTRESS'S went on to fame that were a part of this!




                    OH YEAH!   I did this ! Click-click-click. In my mind, it was COOL- to coin a phrase from the 50's.  Always had the ACE OF SPADES! Don't remember why-but do remember the card

    WHO'S ON FIRST?  !!!!!!!!!!

       AAAAAABBBBBBBBOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

You know, perhaps it is the sign of the times- but comedy just is not what it use to be. They did not swear- slap stick and funny situations. That to me was were it was and is at.



             Before the MUPPET'S, there was Shirley Lewis and Lamb chop! Always watched this sitting cross legged in front of the couch- at sixty three, I can still get down in the same position, just take a little longer to get back up!  LOL LOL LOL

     MR. ED!!!!!!!!!!

    Okay young ins-- didn't know a horse could talk? Well Mr. Ed could-I heard him!


                              OH WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY!  BUT THIS WAS IT BACK THEN!




                                             REMEMBER WHEN? SITTING ON THE SIDEWALK!


       EVEN BACK THEN THEY TRIED TO INTRODUCE YOU TO CIGARETTES!

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THE FOLLOWING OR KNOW WHO THEY ARE?



                                              I BET NOT MANY! THEY WERE ICONS !

                  SLAP STICK AT IT'S FINEST- YOU LAUGHED- YOU FOLLOWED THEM!
                                                 THE THREE STOOGE'S!



STILL IN BUSINESS- AT LEAST DOWN HERE IN NOVA. MUST BE DOING SOMETHING
RIGHT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!


REMEMBER SLAMMING THE PHONE DOWN-TRY THAT WITH A CELL PHONE! LOL LOL


WE HAD ONE AND PLAYED IT AS A FAMILY-BROTHER AND I ALWAYS GOT INTO IT OVER THIS- IT BRINGS BACK FOND MEMORIES.

  PERHAPS ONE OF THE BEST DIRECTORS OF ALL TIMES.

THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR- I CAN STILL SEE HIM WITH THE SIDE VIEW. HE ALWAYS MANAGED TO PLACE HIMSELF SOMEWHERE IN HIS MOVIES OR TV PROGRAMS.

  YEP-CORNER OF MAIN AND KING STREET

IN LITTLE ELDRED PA. NW PA. WHERE I GREW UP.



                                OUR TREAT OF CHOICE GROWING UP!

  WE HAD A MILK MAN- AND CHARLIE CHIPS AND THE STANLEY MAN. THEY ALL KNEW US BY NAME- GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SO , ON A FINAL NOTE- I HOPE THIS JOGS SOME COBWEBS AND GETS YOU TO THINKING. FOR US OLDER FOLKS- IT IS MEMORY LANE- FOR THE YOUNG ONES- WELL, IN THE FUTURE YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO BLOG AFTER I AM LONG GONE ABOUT YOUR YOUTH AND YOUR MEMORIES. BUT FOR NOW, KNOW THAT YOU MISSED OUT ON SOME GRAND OLD TIMES- AT LEAST IN MY OLD MIND! LOL

 


SIT BACK AND THINK FOR A MOMENT- LET YOUR MIND WANDER- THINK OF SOMETHING THAT YOU DID NOT SEE HERE. LET ME KNOW WHAT THAT MIGHT BE.

GOING INTO THE LAST WORK DAY- FOR THOSE THAT WORK- HINT- HINT- START YOUR DAY OFF WITH A SMILE. GOOD THOUGHTS-KIND WORDS-A LAUGH TO YOUR SELF- AND IF SOMEONE HEARS YOU- WELL JUST SAY I WAS JUST THINKING OF THE OLD TIMES!


HAVE A GREAT DAY- I WILL- PEACE BE WITH YOU! HOLD THOSE TWO FINGERS UP! ANOTHER OLD SIGN OF THE TIMES!   LOL LOL LOL









No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments