Saturday, September 22, 2012

Blog Day # 171 in a day of my life. Today , as I look at pictures- I think of the song,"HOW GREAT THOU ART!"

     Each day when I get up, I never know what I will blog about. As I go through my emails or switch over to face book, I will get inspired by something that catches my eye. I am a early riser. I only require 6 to 7 hours of sleep and then I am wide awake. However on the other side, I tend to get very tired around 7:30 or 8:00 pm. If I go past that time, then it is like I am wide awake again and I can't go to sleep. However, that internal clock still has me wide awake at 3:oo am! Don't ask me why, I have tried to change, but it just does not work. I have been this way all my life. WEIRD!

     So today, or this morning, I was looking at some pictures taken and posted by Tammy and Sherry. We had a very bad scare Thursday night. We had Tammy and the twins over for dinner on the patio, and as we were cleaning up, GG, who was the last to finish, got up and had her plate in one hand and her glass in the other. She was heading toward the door into the house, Tammy off to one side and a little behind her. The twins also by Tammy. I was inside, as was Sherry. All of a sudden I heard Tammy yell for MOM & TOM and then I heard the twins screaming and crying.

    I raced to the door and there was GG laying flat on her back, her glass's had come off and were laying on top of her head, her ear rings had come off and were laying on the patio floor. That is how hard she hit when she lost her balance and fell over backwards flat on her back! I got her up, and looking back in hind sight, I shouldn't of moved her. We called the ambulance, as her back was really hurting. Tammy had caught her head as she was going down, so she didn't hit that on the slate in the patio. It scared the twins, as they constantly hang around GG. They just love her. We got Tammy and the girls out of there as fast as we could, we didn't want them to see the ambulance and GG being carried out on a stretcher.

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH BOUT THE ARCOLA RESCUE SQUAD, FIVE OF THEM ANSWERED THE CALL. ALL PROFESSIONAL, VERY CARING, EACH ONE PREPARING A DIFFERENT TASK, AND THEY ALL ARE VOLUNTEERS!I THOUGHT THEY WORKED FOR THE COUNTY! ALL I  CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!!

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT- WE SPENT THE NEXT 4 1/2 HOURS, UNTIL ALMOST MIDNIGHT- IN THE LOUDOUN COUNTY HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM! AGAIN, THEY WERE ALSO SUPER. A COMPLETE BODY SCAN WAS DONE. SHE HAD NOT BROKEN ANY BONES! SHE WAS EXTREMELY SORE AND A LITTLE IN SHOCK, BUT SHE WOULD BE OKAY. THE DOWN SIDE- ONLY I HAD ENOUGH STRENGTH TO HANDLE HER AS SHERRY COULDN'T. SO I CALLED IN AND TOOK A VACATION DAY TO BE WITH HER AND GET HER UP AND DOWN.  IT WAS A PLEASURE, WE MANAGED. IN ADDITION TO HELPING HER, I ALSO GOT SOME WORK DONE AROUND THE HOUSE. ALSO, SHERRY GOT AN EMAIL FROM BARBS DOCTOR DOWN HERE. SHE HAD BEEN NOTIFIED BY THE HOSPITAL- AND HAD SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE NEXT AFTERNOON TO SEE HER! TALK ABOUT CARING AND SERVICE!

SO AS I SAID BEFORE, I CAME ACROSS SOME PICTURES OF THE DAYS LEADING UP TO OUR LITTLE EVENT AND ALSO SOME OF THE DAY THIS OCCURRED. I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS AND THE PICTURES FOR MY CONTINUING PICTORIAL DIARY OF A DAY IN MY LIFE.


SHERRY, TAYLOR AND BARB (GG) PICKING APPLES THAT DAY!



        CASSIDY HELPING TO PUSH THE WAGON OF APPLES WITH TAMMY!




THIS WAS TAKEN JUST BEFORE SUPPER OF THAT DAY, THE TWINS PRETENDING THEY ARE IN A CAR AND DRIVING!

AS I STATED BEFORE, THE PICTURE THAT CAUGHT MY EYE IN THE FIRST PLACE, IS THE NEXT ONE. LIFE GOES BY SO QUICKLY, THINGS HAPPEN IN AN INSTANT AND THEN EVERYTHING CHANGES. THIS PICTURES CAPTURES THE ESSENCE OF OUR LIFE AND THAT OF OUR CHILDREN AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER. I HOPE THIS LITTLE NARRATIVE, MAKES YOU THINK HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO HAVE CHERISHED MOMENTS AS THESE AND TO KEEP THEM ALL CLOSE TO HEART.





TO EVERY ONE OUT THERE READING THIS, GO IN PEACE AND SERVE THE LORD.
CHERISH EACH MOMENT IN TIME , CAPTURED BY A PHOTO AND NOW PUT DOWN IN WRITINGS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO READ AND SEE.

                                          PEACE BE WITH YOU MY FRIENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments