Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blog Day # 149 in a day of my life. 1967 Class Reunion-O-E HS

     Well, the time was drawing near. We were close, a few miles away. Butterflies in my stomach? WHY? Well, after 45 years, I was going to see some classmates for the first time! CLASS REUNION!  Yes, we were back home for the second week in a row. Sherry had her 45th reunion the previous weekend and we had a good time. Would it be the same? Would I know some of these people after all these years? Well, open the door, grab the camera and here we roll!



Yes, we were here, and they were all their at the tables. After arriving and talking to what seemed like endless people, we sat down, and guess what? I was asked to speak! Now, had I known this, I might not of gone-just kidding! But what was I going to say? WELL TOM, JUST WING IT! LOL


Pat was master of ceremonies- and did a great job of keeping it moving along- what would I do? Have to think this one through!



There he is, my best HS buddy, well there were four of us that hung together, but I would say Bobby and I were as close as friends could get. That's him standing up and taking pictures. He was instrumental in organizing Ron Paul's campaign in New Hampshire and now is running for a state senate seat himself.

HE IS ONE POLITICIAN I CAN RESPECT! IF I LIVED THERE, I WOULD BE BY HIS SIDE!

Sometimes you just have those type of friends. We really need to get together again for a longer time!



The man on the bottom left- was a good friend of my late brother in law and also a good friend to my late father in law, Sherry's father, he is married to Toni Sanderson, class mate who I have not seen in ages!


I took a picture of big Steve Sullivan taking pictures, if you followed my face book writings, I once posted a picture of three of us diving for a football taken by the Times Herald, it was Steve, me and Steve Johnson, who was not here this time. Would of been fun to pose us again after all these years.


To the right-Sue Curtis Brunner, we have become good friends over face book and Juice Plus, for the last year or more , she has had all her family taking Juice Plus and her grand kids! She also has a Tower Garden, just ask her the power of fruits and veggies!  Sherry finally got to meet you, and we will stop to see your farm!
  What can I say- friends that I have not seen in 45 years! Gary and I actually worked together for the first year after graduation, have not seen him since, a lot of memories for me at this table!



This one is for my good friend in Calif. Mike Greer, here is Mr. Flexman about to stand up and talk. I told the story , yes I did Mike, and I also told him you now regretted it! So I guess all is even now!
Dave Wright just over his shoulder.


                                           Here he is receiving his gift from the class!



                                Now I will just run some pictures- enjoy--we did!

















Okay, I promised these young ladies that I would post this picture for them- I hope you like it- and it was great talking to you- we need to do this again!







I spent 51 days in the hospital with Greg- we were roomers and those will be times I always will remember!



Sherry and I before leaving for class reunion-was nervous- but all for naught!













After a few beers- and a lot of small talk, nerves calmed down and we relaxed! Sherry and I, and I just realized, looking at this picture, we accidentally had the school colors on! How geeky is that!









    WELL , HERE IS WHERE I CALL IT DONE- IT WAS A FABULOUS TIME, RELIVING LOST MEMORIES, WHISPERING NOT TO TELL, MARY LOU! THOSE WERE YOUNG DAYS- THOSE WERE TREASURES THAT AT LEAST I HAVE FOUND AGAIN. NEW PEOPLE WE HAVE MET IN SPOUSES, PEOPLE WHO WE BOTH HAD CONNECTIONS TO BUT DIDN'T KNOW! SMALL WORLD MADE EVEN SMALLER!



YEP, THAT'S ME, DID NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO, JUST WINGED IT. I REALLY HOPE IT ALL CAME ACROSS AS GOOD, IF NOT, THEN MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL BE PREPARED!

                   I WILL LEAVE MY CLASSMATES WITH ONE FINAL THOUGHT.

                                            " BEFORE YOU DIE---LIVE!"

I KNOW THINK I WILL USE THAT AS MY MOTTO FOR WHATEVER TIME I
HAVE LEFT.

TO THE CLASS OF 1967-OTTO-ELDRED HIGH SCHOOL-I SALUTE YOU. YOU ALL MADE MY DAY AND MY BUTTERFLIES GO AWAY!

                                                             HGD- FITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments